Our customers have been calling in and asking, “Where are all of the birds?”
Birds routinely change their feeding behavior. Temperature, weather, time of year, and time of day all influence feeding habits. In mild weather, when wild food is plentiful, birds will use your feeder less. When they are under more pressure to find food, such as in inclement weather, they will regularly visit your feeder.
With all of the rain we’ve had over the summer there is a lot of natural food for the birds right now. At certain times of the year, especially in late summer and early fall, you will notice that your bird feeder isn’t as popular as it once was. No worries. Once that runs out they will be back at your feeder again!
So, look forward to welcoming them all back very soon!
Do you want to attract a larger variety of birds?
Try adding a variety of feeders and feed. The following suggestions are great for now and any time of year:
- A platform feeder will attract almost all birds with a good seed mixture like our Backyard Supreme.
- Tube feeders are great for Finches, Chickadees, Nuthatches and other small Finches.
- Woodpeckers, Nuthatches and Wrens love suet and we have several styles of suet feeders plus a large assortment of suet to choose from.
- Peanuts are great for Blue Jays, Crows and everyone’s favorite…..the Squirrels.
- During the fall season and throughout the winter, add white millet to your seed mix to attract Juncos and Towhoes.