We have had several customers reporting bluebirds building nests and several reports of eggs. So the bluebirds are well on there way to another season.
Here are some successful features of a bluebird house
- No perch they may help encourage Sparrows
- Entrance hole should be 1 1/2 inches in diameter
- Ventilation by a small hole at the top of the house or a gap
- Drainage holes at the bottom corners of the house
- Attaching to a pole is best
Food for Bluebirds
About Backyard Birds
Backyard Birds is an independent, family-owned wildlife specialty store founded by the late Roger Ford in 1996. We offer everything you need from creating an inviting wildlife habitat to finding unique gift items for nature lovers.
Visit our store and meet our friendly, knowledgeable staff. We are passionate about birding and would be happy to answer any questions. Give us a call or stop by our store to tell us when you’ve spotted those migrating birds in your backyard. We enjoy hearing from you!